About Us FAQs on Consular and Miscl. services

FAQs for Consular & Misc. Services

Q. Can I sign the application form on behalf of my spouse or friends?

A. No – applicant need to sign their own application forms.

Q. Can I apply for PCC by submitting Misc. services form ?

A. No – this has been discontinued after new GPSP system. Now for PCC, applicants need to apply online by using the link: https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/

Q. Can I apply for PCC with new or changed address in India ?

A. No – in this case applicant need to first renew his passport with new address and then he can apply for PCC.

Q. Is is mandatory to register the birth of child for getting a passport ?

A. Yespassport application for new born child in Malawi can be processed only after online registration of birth of the child. The link for online registration is : https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in

Q. Can I send my application through courier or a friend ?

A. No – applicant need to visit the High Commission personally.

Q. How much time it will take to get a PCC ?

A. It may be noted that Police verification in India, for processing a PCC application is mandatory and it may take longer than expected. The PCC is generated by the system only subject to polce report. Therefore, applicants are advised to apply for PCC well in advance.

Q. Should I surrender my Indian nationality after getting Malawian citizenship ?

A. Yes, applicant must surrender his /her Indian nationality immediately after acquiring foreign nationality.

Q. Do I need to submit the required documents in original or only photocopies ?

A. Applicant must bring his original documents with clear photocopies. The original documents will be returned after verification and photocopies will be retained in the consular section for records.